Katmai Water Taxi operates June 1 – September 25 (subject to change). We may accept bookings beyond September 25 for parties of 8 or more. You may book and pay over the phone or book online using the form provided below. Call to book If booking only one way/ or late season.
To book over the phone please call : 1 (907) 246-4654
Booking for the departure and return trips are handled in two separate forms. Please make sure to book your return trip after booking your departure from Lake Camp. If you do not pre book your return trip, we cannot guarantee you passage on the boat for your return from Brooks Camp. After successfully booking your departure trip, after payment, you will be returned to the page to book your return trip. Return trip cost is included in initial booking. Please use the same name and email address in both bookings.
If using Paypal as your method of payment, you will be directed to Paypal’s site during the final booking stage where you will make the payment. You do not need a Paypal account to check out with Paypal. Just click pay with credit card instead of creating a Paypal account. Once payment is made, make sure to click the “Return to Merchant” button at the bottom of Paypal’s confirmation screen to return to this page and complete your booking. Please note that once you book your seats they are non refundable, for any reason. Tavel insurance is strongly recommended to protect your purchase.
Please see the Lake Camp schedule below for a full list of departure times.
The water taxi returns from Brooks Camp every odd hour starting at 7 AM, with the last return at 7 PM.
- Please allow yourself at least one hour prior to water taxi departure time for lodge or airport pick up.
- Please allow your self at least 2 hours from Brooks Camp return time for same day airport departures.
- Katmai Water Taxi Services is a transportation service only. Once you disembark the boat you are self guided at Brooks Camp and surrounding areas. It will be your responsibility to check in at the Brooks Camp Visitors Center to participate in the mandatory bear viewing orientation class hosted by Katmai National Park staff.
- We do not have the capability or the insurance coverage to store your excess luggage. Please store at the lodge that you are staying at (and make arrangements to have that lodge deliver your luggage to the airport for you if needed), or at the airport luggage storage facility in Anchorage.
- Each passenger is allowed 50lbs of gear. There is a charge of $1 per pound over 50lbs. The boat has plenty of cargo space, so all gear will travel with you.
- Adverse weather is common in Katmai and the King Salmon Area (especially in the Fall). Although the water taxi is not effected by fog; High winds from the East can occasionally cause delays and cancellations. You are strongly encouraged to purchase travel insurance as we do not offer any refund for delayed or cancelled voyages. However, we will make every effort to reschedule you on the next available departure when it is safe to continue service, or issue you a credit to use at a future date. Travel insurance will protect you in the case of travel interruptions, and in many cases cover the cost of lodging and flights, if you miss your flight or for any other travel interruption! Travel insurance can be independently purchased through companies such as Global Rescue and AIG Travel Guard.
- There is a $25 change fee for changes made to your reservation after booking.
- The Katmai Water Taxi shuttle: If coming in for a day trip, the shuttle will pick you up 30 minutes prior to your scheduled water taxi departure; either at the King Salmon Airport or the Sockeye Saloon (located just 3 doors down on the same side of the street as the airport/ there is a sign in front that says Katmai Water Taxi Shuttle Stop). If staying at a lodge, the shuttle will pick you up between 1 hour to 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. Please be specific on your flight arrival time and /or the name of the lodge you are staying at. If you just list “lodge” on your booking form, we won’t know where that is, and will not pick you up!
- If you do not book your return trip or do not show up to your booked return time, we cannot guarantee you passage returning from Brooks Camp unless there is room to do so. Please be at the boat at least 15 minutes prior to departure time from Brooks Camp. The boat leaves on time. Any costs that you incur if you miss your scheduled voyage or if you don’t schedule your return are your responsibility.
- There is no valet service for luggage once you disembark the vessel at Brooks Camp. If you will require extra assistance with your luggage, please prearrange with Brooks Lodge to meet you at the beach upon your arrival.
Alaska can experience unpredictable and adverse weather conditions. Katmai Water Taxi reserves the right to cancel any trip if it is deemed unsafe. TRAVEL INSURANCE is strongly recommended to protect your purchase. Katmai Water Taxi does not offer refunds for any reason. However, we will make every effort to reschedule you or your group on the next departure when it is safe to continue service.
15 Seats Available
Please make sure to book your return trip after completing this booking.
After payment, a green confirmation box will appear on this page with a link that will take you to the page to book your return trip.
If you would like to pay via wire transfer or over the phone, please call 1 (907) 246-4654 to complete your booking.